Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kaleidoscope quilts

Shortly after I took up quilting again in the early 1990s, I came across a pattern put out by The Cranberry Cupboard called Kaleidoscope. It was a simple pattern, perfect for a busy working mom with three school-age kids. I made a matching set for our two sons which are still on their beds at home (they're adults now and long gone).

1994
60 72 inches







My daughter Olivia adores rabbits and got her first as a reward for learning to read. Fortunately for me she was a "dress" and not a "pants" girl, so when she was small, I had a great time making dresses with bunny fabrics. Each spring, I would scour the fabric shops for rabbit theme prints. I saved all the scraps and made her a Kaleidoscope quilt which is even now on her bed at university. One spring, there was a bunny alphabet fabric which I used to spell out her name on the back.

Bunny Quilt
1997
60 x 72 inches

No comments: